Wednesday 6 August 2014

Review: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

Greetings bunnies !

Recently, I have been feeling I should have a more structured way of reviewing products so I've decided to do my reviews like this from now on. Also I'm reviewing this from a non-biased view, so no hard feelings please ~

First of all I have sensitive and dry skin, that's why I chose the Dream Fresh BB cream which is also in light.

So this BB cream comes in a small tube of 30ml. The Dream Fresh tube has pink B's however, the Dream Pure has blue B's which is for people with oily skin.

The product claims to be a gel-based formula that will enhance the skin with 8 benefits and will give you an 'instant fresh-faced glow without looking all made up'. The 8 benefits include:

1. Fresh, lightweight feel
2. Blurs imperfections
3. Enhances
4. Brightens
5. Hydrates all day
6. Visibly smoothes skin
7. Adjusts to skin tone
8. Oil free

Confirmation:

1. Fresh, lightweight feel

YES! The product feels very fresh and light on the skin which does give your skin a fresh-faced glow, so you won't look so cake-faced.

2. Blurs imperfections

. . . no. The product claims to be gel-based but it feels as if the formula is water-based because it is VERY water. So no it does not blur imperfections (for me).

3. Enhances

YES! The BB cream enhances the skin tone to give you a fresh-faced glow.

4. Brightens

. . . sort of(?) The formula was already in a light shade so I guess it did brighten my skin but not by very much.

5. Hydrates all day

I haven't tried the BB cream bare-faced before because I always use moisturiser so that moisturises my skin. But my face doesn't feel or look dry throughout the day.

6. Visibly smoothes skin

My skin is already smooth in the first place but if there's a pimple on my skin then no, it does not smooth out my pimple. The reason for this is because the formula is too watery(?) that it doesn't smooth out the bump.

7. Adjusts to skin tone

YES! Although it is a bit lighter than my skin tone it is still very similar and adjusts well so that it gives a natural finish.

8. Oil Free

YES! As I said, it seems to be water-based so it doesn't make my skin oily which can sometimes happen despite having dry skin. T_T

THE CONS

So the cons for this BB cream would be it's coverage. I was looking for a BB cream that would give at least a medium coverage but this BB cream has REAAALLY low coverage. When I use it to cover redness and even out my skin tone, the only thing it does is even out my skin tone but the redness stays. So the dark areas of course would show through.

Also I can't stand the smell . . . It smells very chemical pastey, almost like a clay smell. ;A; I don't want my face to smell like clay. But that's about it.

THE PROS

I prefer a light dewy look where my skin shines slightly. This gives a very fresh-faced look and this BB cream achieves that. It's very lightweight and not very thick so this avoids the cake-faced look which no one wants to have.

Rating: 3 stars out of 5

Recommendation:

I would recommend if you:
- want a fresh-faced glow
- want little coverage
- want something lightweight
- want a dewy slightly shiny look
- have dry and dull skin
- have uneven skin tones

Hope this review helps ! I ended up writing a lot more than expected but this gives everyone a better idea of the product.

- Black Rabbit ~

No comments:

Post a Comment